QR & Barcode Scanner reserves the right to modify these policies at any time. We invite you to periodically consult this section for possible updates and changes. Notification of any major changes may be sent to you by email or a system message to your account.
QR & Barcode Scanner provides "Free" Services as well as paid Services for users. In order to pay for the "Free" Service, personalized advertisements are placed before you. Your information is used to personalize the advertisements.
If you wish to contact our Privacy Officer, you may contact with Email: Barcodestudiocteam@outlook.com.
What Information do We access or Collect?
We may access or collect the following information in order to provide you with a better user experience and better services and to improve our products:
Device information, network information status, WiFi access status, WLAN hotspot information, camera, flash, contact, address book information, installation channels, purchase information.
For specific collection please read the following：
Device Information: When you access our website or use our software, the information we collect include IP Addresses, Device ID, Advertiser ID, browser type and settings, device type and settings, and operating system.
Third Party Applications or Services: We may collect information about you or others from third party applications or services available on our Service. For example, when you register for an account with us, you may do so by choosing to connect your already existing social media account with our Service (e.g., Facebook, Google+, etc.). We receive certain information from your social media account depending on your permissions and which information you have made public. We use this information to make an account for you on our Service.
How we use and share your information?
We will collect, access and use the personal information listed above for the following reasons:
-To determine the network connection status and get the WIFI status.
-To scan QR code.
-To camera preview, turn on flash.
-To read contact information, select local pictures for scanning.
-To query subscription status.
-To provide and maintain our Service.
-To notify you about changes to our Service.
-To provide customer support.
-To gather analysis information so that we can improve our Service.
-To monitor the usage of our Service.
-To receive and respond to customer support enquiries we receive from you.
-To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
-To communicate with you.We use your information to communicate with you to ensure our services are working as intended,and to protect against fraud and spam.
QR & Barcode Scanner will only share the collected information with third parties, such as advertisers, with your permission to share, in order to provide you with commercial advertisements.If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp).In addition, we share data with providers of analytics tools, such as Firebase, Google Analytics, which we use to analyse your use of the apps.
We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot, and do not, control the information you share with other users using an Application, the Services or the Site (including via Forums) or how such other users will use or share such information. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of our security measures.
When scanning product barcodes with the EAN or UPC format our barcode scanner apps may show links to external websites which can be used to obtain product and price information related to the scanned barcodes. When following these links, the barcode number.
We implement industry standard security measures intended to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Service and you do so at your own risk.
Transfers of Your Information
If you choose to use the Service or provide your information to us, your information may be transferred to, processed and maintained on servers or databases located outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, including the United States. Such countries may have laws that are less protective than the country in which you reside. If you do not want your information transferred to or processed or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should not use the Site or Service.
Disclosure of Your Information
1. If you violate laws and regulations (such as sending harassment messages), we will legally disclose your personal information.
2. Your payment information may be share with third parties as needed for billing purposes and to prevent fraud.
1. Personal data shall be processed and stored as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
• Personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us and you shall be retained until such contact has been fully performed.
• Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Company’ s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Company within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Company.
2. The company may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Company may be obligated to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
3. Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Links to Other Web Sites and Services
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share the above categories of Personal Data for certain business purposes, including:
We may share or otherwise “sell” information with advertising partners who distribute advertising in our services. For further information on the advertising networks which may receive this information, go to ‘APPENDIX A - Advertising networks and their partners’ below.
APPENDIX A - Advertising networks and their partners
Our service does not target children under 13 years of age. If a parent or guardian finds that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she can contact us at Barcodestudiocteam@outlook.com, and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such information is removed from our files information.
Your California Privacy Rights
Privacy Consent Management
In compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), we display a privacy disclosure inside the app where users can unambiguously provide their consent for the collection of the data described in the present terms. User consent is collected and stored inside the app and can be revoked by the user at any time by resetting the app storage from their Android settings or by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Users may also exercise their right to be forgotten by third-party advertisers by resetting their Android Advertising identifier in their Android settings r by contacting directly any of our advertisement providers listed in the ‘Advertisement’ section.
For Individuals in European Economic Area, Switzerland and/or the United Kingdom
1. This section only applies to individuals that access or use our Service while located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and / or United Kingdom (collectively, the "Designated Countries") at the time of data collection. We may ask you to identify which country you are located in when you use some of the Services, or we may rely on your IP address to identify which country you are located in.
2. We act as a data controller with regard to any personal information collected from individuals accessing or using its Service. A "data controller" is an entity that determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information is processed. Any third parties that act as our service providers or are otherwise acting on our behalf are "data processors" that handle your personal information in accordance with our instructions.
3. Legal Bases for Processing Your Personal Information. We describe our legal bases for processing throughout this Policy. Below is a list of the purposes described in our policy with the corresponding legal bases for processing:
• Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
• provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and / or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
• processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject; processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
• processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party. In any case, we will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
4. Your Individual Rights. We provide you with the rights described below when you use our Service. If you would like to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us at Barcodestudiocteam@outlook.com. Please note, we may seek to verify your identity when we receive an individual rights request from you in order to ensure the security of your personal information.
• Right to Withdraw Your Consent. If we ever asked for your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. A withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of our processing or the processing of any third parties based on consent before your withdrawal.
• Right of Access. Upon your request, we will provide you with a copy of your personal information in our files without undue delay and free of charge, unless we permitted by law to charge a fee. Your access may be limited to the extent it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other individuals.
• Right to Rectification (or "Correction"). You may request to correct or update any of your personal information in our files. We may provide you with the ability to update some or all of your personal information directly via the Services.
• Right to Erasure (or the "Right to be Forgotten"). Upon your request, we will erase any of your personal information in our files that: is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; was collected in relation to processing that you previously consented to, but later withdrew such consent; or was collected in relation to processing activities to which you object, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for our processing.
• Right to Restriction. You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal information under certain conditions. During the time which restriction of processing applies, we will only process your restricted personal information with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest. We will inform you if or when the restriction is lifted.
• Right to Object. You may object to our processing at any time and as permitted by applicable law if we process your personal information on the legal bases of: consent; contract; or legitimate interests. We may continue to process your personal information if it is necessary for the defense of legal claims, or for any other exceptions permitted by applicable law.
• Right to Data Portability. If we process your personal information based on a contract with you or based on your consent, or the processing is carried out by automated means, you may request to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have us transfer your personal information directly to another "controller", where technically feasible, unless exercise of this right adversely affects the rights and freedoms of others. You right to data portability only applies to personal information provided by you to us.
• Notification to Third Parties. When we fulfill your individual rights requests for correct (or rectification), erasure or restriction of processing, we will notify third parties also handling the relevant personal information unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. Upon your request, we will identify such third parties.
• Automated Individual Decision-Making, Including Profiling. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of your personal information, including profiling, which produces legal or similarly significant effects on you, unless an exception applies under applicable law.
• Limitations to Individual Rights Requests. We may limit your individual rights requests in the following ways:
i.Where denial of access is required or authorized by law;
ii.When granting access would have a negative impact on other's privacy;
iii.To protect our rights and properties;
iv.Where the request is frivolous or burdensome.
• Transfer of Your Personal Information. We transfer your personal information subject to appropriate safeguards as permitted under the applicable data protection laws. Specifically, when your personal information is transferred out of the Designated Countries, we have the required contractual provisions for transferring personal information in place with the third-parties to which your information is transferred. For such transfers, we rely on legal transfer mechanisms such as Standard Contractual Clauses or we work with U.S. based third parties that are certified under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
• Right to Lodge Complaints. If you believe that we have infringed or violated your privacy rights under applicable law or this Policy, please contact us at Barcodestudiocteam@outlook.com, so that we can work with you to resolve your concerns. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority situated in a Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of alleged infringement.
How to contact us